Friday, May 30, 2008

A camping we will go...

We went camping over Memorial weekend and what an adventure it was! We headed up to Yearn's Resovoir Friday afternoon and we had about a 2 hour drive. We finally got up there and were so excited and then noticed that there were a motor home and a trailer stuck in the mud trying to get up where we needed to be. the mud was awful. Trucks and trailers were sliding everywhere. So we didn't even chance it. So back down the mountain we go in hopes we will find some where else to go. We stop at the Palisades campground while our husbands went to see if there was anywhere to go. While they are gone our car window breaks and will not roll up. So the boys get back & I tell Kevyn the window is broke , he says he will fix it later. So we end up being able to buy a spot from a family at the Palisades. We get set up just in time for the rain to come pouring down.While me & Darci are in the trailer our husbands are out in the rain trying to get a fire going on our "little grill" so we can have dinner. Then I remember, we have not fixed our window yet. The car was soaked!! So the boys just thru a tarp over it and fixed it in the morning. Saturday was a pretty good day. It didn't rain to much but it was freezing! W e played at the park, went fishing and melted the road while we cooked dutch oven, it was the best dinner I have had!! That night we were getting kids ready for bed . I stood up on the bed to open the cupboard to get a diaper. The doors are really hard to get open, I couldn't get it to open. So I pulled real hard and smacked myself right in the nose. It hurt so bad I really thought I broke it (i didn't). So it 's about 11:00pm everyone is ready for bed and Addy starts screaming like she never has before. I had no idea what was going on. Darci comes to the rescue and says she is so constipated. So the boys run 20 miles into town to get her some medicine and get back about 12:00 and we were able to get Addy asleep. Then Sunday morning we get up it is beautiful we get all packed up and are ready to pull out and we have a flat tire on the trailer and we have no spare.We got that fixed and then our window broke again. We got that fixed & made it home safely. Even though things were crazy we still had fun and are ready to go again! I forgot to add in the part , when we first got in the trailer and opened the fridge a bottle of soy sauce had broke and went everywhere it stunk like soy sauce bad!The kids waiting so patiently for their dads to get back from trying to find us a camping spot.
So we could not have a camp fire, which sucked because all of our meals we brought needed a fire. So we compromised. We roasted hot dogs on the little grill and did dutch oven on the road, which we melted, oops!
Jarron and Addy hanging out on their little chairs in the freezing cold. Jarron was so cute with Addy. And she wanted to do everything her big cousins were doing.
Here we are all piled in the trailer having our hot chocolate. It was FREEZING! Then we all piled on to the table bed and watched a movie. It was lots of fun.
Addy loved playing at the park! She sat in the wood chips for about an hour & just played, it was great!
Fishing didn't last to long, mostly cause the weather was not to great. It would be nice and sunny for maybe 10, 15 min. and then it would rain again. Poor Jarron got his hook stuck in his finger. And he got his first fish( really his mom)he was jumping up & down he was so excited and then he saw the blood and started crying and screaming. He didn't like that he hurt the fish.
Kevyn and Chris took the kids over to see the ducks. They were coming right up to them, so they came and got some bread to feed them. The kids thought it was so neat! Kevyn would give Addy some bread to give to the ducks but she wanted it just for herself. She popped that bread in her mouth just as fast as Kevyn gave it to her. That's my girl!!

7 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! Minus the cold! I remember you telling me you guys are big campers. How was it with Addy?? We only go for a night max. But I'm more of a resort kind of gal!:) Love the pictures!!!

Tai and Joe said...

Looks like a blast, but wow! I can't believe that all that happened to you. I am glad that it turned out good.
I wish that I could figure out that photoscape, did you have any luck with it?

Darci said...

ok Cheree... first I must say, that pose I am striking while roasting my hot dog on the "fire"... SEXY!!!! I couldn't help but look good!?!? Such a fun time:) Moab next year? The kids had such a fun time, JArron keeps talking about it!

Kelly A. said...

Wow! You guys are troopers! The pictures look like you had a ton of fun, though! Despite all those little mishaps! :) It will be fun when we move closer so we can see you guys more often!!! By the way, did you get the invitation to our blog since we made it private?? I think I saw that you hadn't accepted it. Let me know if it is being weird. My email address is kellygirl562@hotmail.com

Jessica Davis said...

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! The pics are all so cute. I love the duck feeding story, it was so cute.

Tai and Joe said...

Alrighty! I finally got going to photoscape, you'll have to check it out. It is not the best for my first time. I'll ahve it mastered in no time. Thanks again for your help.

Matt&Melissa said...

Holy cow Cheree - what troopers you guys are! I think I would have been out of there the first thing that went wrong! I am such a wuss. Looks like you had fun though - Addy is so cute - I love all her funny faces she pulls!